Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mule Deer: Welcome to my pointless ramblings...

Okay, I'm going to start off this brand new blog about a state that’s new and exciting to me with something that is not so new nor exciting to the locals (or probably to you, either). Deer. More specifically: mule deer. Sure we’ve seen elk and buffalo roaming about, but it’s the deer that have me taken aback.


This photo does not do them justice. These suckers are HUGE. In all actuality, they look a bit like reindeer. And referring to them as reindeer makes the fact that I now live in the Great White North(ern Wyoming) all the more exciting.

What’s more exciting is that I see them all the time at our recycling center just down the street and the hospital a few blocks over. Also, they POOP IN MY YARD! It’s like camping. So exciting. Now, I know a normal person (husband) would not be so excited about giant deer pooping in your yard, but I do not have friends here yet nor a job, so I have little else to get pumped about. The thing is, deer poop is firm evidence that there are sort-of-reindeer in my yard and I will not rest until I pet one.

A side note, Husband will not let me sprinkle corn in our yard to lure them into a photo shoot-slash-petting session. Le sigh. In due time.

Cheers!



1 comments:

Allie said...

I just found this on Weddingbee! And OMG I fully endorse you petting a deer. Please. :)

Post a Comment