Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cozy Cottage: Home Decor

I’ve always wanted a home with an English Cottage Vibe. I’m not sure if this is what real English cottages look like, but this is what Martha Stewart and Better Homes and Gardens tell me. And I. Love. It.

I know right now, it’s simply not possible to achieve this with our small, rental house. Someday, though, I will have a kitchen like this:




 However, while it's not as dramatic, I am trying to gather decorations from Goodwill and Etsy to help achieve that coveted cottage character. It’s subtle, but certainly more budget-friendly.


At the moment I’m lusting after displays of vintage china, milk vases with single stemmed flowers, and pillar candles.


And, oh, my favorite: Packed White Bookshelves.




Sigh. Someday!

As for now, my first new-home project is to make a fabric headboard for our bedroom.





Get out those DIY gloves. :) Are you working on anything to give yourself your dream home?

Cheers!


2 comments:

Cathy said...

Martha as usual is right, they do look like that. I love it too, so far we have the oven lol. We're geting a new kitchen, to be delivered next month - 1 month before we get married, mmm guess it'll have to wait to be fitted ;) Lovely pics by the way.

Christa said...

Oooh, how's it going? Just placed my first ever fabric order yesterday to make Euro shams and reupholster a vanity seat I found in our rental house, but I'm confident it's the beginning of a good thing. :) Looked at a tutorial for the material covered headboard the other day--def going to do it for my daughter's or guest room. Great way to get in the color scheme.
Can't wait to see how it shakes out and what you pick!

Post a Comment