Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Honeymoon in NYC: Thanks Meg! Part II

The morning after our wedding, our amazing photographer texted me this image from our last dance along with a lovely message of congratulations. (and a reminder to change my FB relationship status.. heh)


It was a perfect ‘We did that!’ moment and a wonderful start to our honeymoon. Which is saying something, as the start of the honeymoon began by finding out that my suitcase was accidentally sent to Atlanta.

I am still eagerly awaiting our pro-pics, but I have faith that they will be awesome.

We had a wonderful time in NYC. We spent time on Broadway, went to museums, ate FABULOUSLY, chatted over milkshakes, took a stroll around central park, saw both Jimmy Fallon and David Letterman, went ice skating, and spent entirely too much time at the NBC Studio (which was a-mazing and I don’t regret a second of).  It was lots of fun and quite romantic.

Wicked was awesome and something I was glad to finally share with the Husband. (for some reason he was AWOL both times I saw it in Dallas) Also, I had trouble hiding my excitement about it from the moment we got off the plane.


One evening we headed to Brooklyn for some authentic pizza. Another afternoon we took out own personal walking -slash-food tour in Greenwhich Village. It. Was. Delish.  We split a slice of pizza and I had the most amazing dark chocolate mint chip cookie at Milk & Cookies Bakery. (I'm not sure how it's possible, but this was the best milk I've ever had. Ever.)


 We also stuffed our faces at Katz’s and tried in vain to take a decent picture of this memory…


However, the inner foodie in me was most delighted about the fact that my wonderful husband had scored us reservations at Babbo.


Babbo is one of Mario Batali’s many restaurants, and regardless of your feelings about him, it was by far the best Italian food either of us have ever had the pleasure of eating. Also, it was the most wine I’d ever had over dinner. Possibly ever. So much so, in fact, that Matthew ended up finishing several of my glasses for me. Heh.

I won’t go into a long review of the restaurant itself, but we opted for the traditional tasting menu and accompanying wines. I definitely recommend it for anyone interested. It’s a good sampling, nine different things in total, if you count the fact that the final two desserts are brought out to split. (Matthew favored the pappardelle with chanterelles, and I tied between the souffle with espresso gelato and the goat cheese with honey) It is quite dessert heavy, though delicious. I’m considering purchasing this:

 (source)

The best part? Simply exploring the city and spending time together.






I’m pretty sure that, no matter where you spend your honeymoon, you’re sure to have a good time just hanging out with your new spouse.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm so jealous you went to Katz, that's the one thing I wish we'd done while we were there. That cookie looks scrumptious, i'm now hungry. Can't wait to see your pro-pics.

Kristen said...

I love seeing these pictures and your summary almost as much as I love the two of you. HOORAY FOR MARRIAGE!

Scott Lemieux said...

Babbo is great! We've never done the tasting menu, but we may have to try it next time...

Post a Comment