Thursday, April 14, 2011

Our (very, very) Non-Pro Pics


We are still waiting on our pro-pics, but last week New Husband and I DID get to pick up 150 pictures from our wedding at our local Walgreens. These pictures were definitely NOT taken by professions. :)

You see, we had disposable cameras at our wedding.  I know that these are a dated tradition and not necessary in a word of receptions filled with digital camera toting guests. However, I really, really wanted to do an “I Spy” game a la Martha Stewart’s famous inspiration. It just seemed right for the kiddos (and, apparently, my drunk college friends) to have cameras to play along.


Of course, mine did not come out half as cute as hers, but I like mine better because it actually rhymed. And I Spy’s should always rhyme.


If you’re planning on having disposable cameras at your wedding, don’t expect them to come out professional. Or even good. Or even okay. The lighting sucks, the room looks foggy and creepy (which it wasn’t!), some of them came out double-exposed, and you’ll get several pictures of various indecipherable body parts of unknown guests.

You’ll also be assured to get a laugh or two.


Best Man and Maid of Honor getting drinks. These two do not know one another, BTW, and I love that seem to have bonded over the course of our wedding!

Also, I love the posed group shots! Our photographer is AMAZING, but I know there wont be random groups of people posing like these in the pro pics.




(people were dancing, I promise it wasn't empty!)






 (Bees, say hello to the beautiful and wonderful Hyenas!)


 We have TONS of photos of kids, making faces, being cute, and hogging glow sticks. :)





Also, lots of dancing!          










And, mostly, just friends and family being drunk.









One of the I Spy finds was "A Bunch of Flowers Being Thrown" .... heh. From the next picture, you can see my lovely friends tore apart our centerpieces to get this shot. :)






Anyone considering having (or had?) disposable cameras at their wedding?

5 comments:

Allie said...

EEEEE I'm so excited to get a shoutout! :-D

Cathy said...

I considered having disposables but I was worried it'd be a waste of money due to the photos of the body parts you mentioned so am not bothering. But, you've got some good ones there.

Christa said...

I used disposables in our photo booth, just a couple, since I had a guy taking photos there, but I still haven't developed them.....whoops!

KaCy eLLe said...

Yes, the little kids DID hog those glow sticks!! lol ;)

If nothing else, these disposable camera pics definitely showed that your guests were having a very fun time indeed. And sometimes making a memory is more important that recording it, I think. :)

Shoshanah said...

I remember disposable cameras being all the rage at bar & bat mitzvahs. Which seems silly, because why would you ever trust a bunch of 13-year-olds to take good pictures.

And a little random, but I love the twinkly lights over the dance floor. If they look pretty in these photos, I'm sure it'll look awesome in the pro pictures.

Post a Comment