Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

This morning I woke up at 3:30 a.m. to attend the first wedding since my own. Okay, so I wasn't actually invited, and I was wearing my PJ's, but it felt like I was there. Without the fancy hat. :(

Seriously. I wish I had an occasion to wear one of these trendy fascinators, like the lovely Mrs. Middleton!


(Yes, clearly "she got it from her momma".)

Anywho, so I woke up, put on a pot of English Breakfast, tore into my yummy scones, and geared up for the wedding. Matthew may have looked a bit like adorable flowergirl Miss Van Cutsem when my alarm went off at such an early hour, but this is history here. And very important history to a girl who spent most of her college career hunched over books on the English monarchy (which has yet to pay off). Also, being part Canadian means she could be MY queen some day.


So, let's talk Catherine. Besides having my personal favorite name ever (SUCH a great name for a possible Queen), I think Kate is the epitome of class. Everything was grand without being gaudy. I love that her bouquet had meaning and that the ceremony trees are meant to be replanted. I loved her borrowed tiara, beautiful earrings, classic train, and romantically simply veil. And her dress? Can you say Grace Kelly?


I honestly don't think William could have picked a more stunning or classy lady to make a princess.



I wish the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge all the best!

4 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I woke up for it too! I thought Kate was beautiful. And the entire event was pretty amazing. Overall it was just so fun to be able to watch it live with everyone else around the world

Cathy said...

I have your favourite name ;)
I agree William couldn't 'have picked a more stunning or classy lady to make a princess'

Sara said...

so beautiful! She is classy and lovely- the most beautiful style icon we have seen in years.

Christa said...

She is soooo beautiful. You little diehard, you, getting up that early!

Post a Comment